You'll need : A plastic half-gallon jug, A 2-liter soda bottle, A sharp knife, Rooting hormone, Pruners
we will use the bottom of the milk jug as a pot, and the top of the soda bottle as a top to create a mini greenhouse for your cutting.
- First use the knife to cut holes in the bottom of the milk jug for drainage.
- Then fill the jug to within an inch of the rim with potting mix, water thoroughly, and let it drain.
- Take a stem with 5 or 6 leaflets. Cut the bottom of the stem below the last leaflet, at a 45 degree angle toward the back of the bud like this. Use the knife to lightly score the bottom of the cutting on two or three sides.
- Dip your cutting into rooting hormone, and shake off any excess.
- Place the cutting in the hole about 2 inches deep. Firm the soil around the cutting, and water it well.
- Slide the top of the soda bottle, with the cap on, carefully over the cutting.
- Place your rose cutting outdoors in a cool shady place.
- Do not expose your cutting to hot direct sun because the interior of your soda-bottle greenhouse will overheat and kill the cutting.
You Should also see :
- how to to sprout lentils indoors
- Whimsical fountain for your garden
- The Best Squirrel Feeder
- Recycled dresser into raised garden bed
- How do you water a small cactus